Tagg Pet Tracker Review: A Dog and Cat Tracking Collar
Dogs spooked by thunderstorms, fireworks, or just intent on catching that butterfly that flew by are just some of the many reasons owners need a dog tracking collar like the TAGG. But Tagg pet tracker is not just for dogs, cat owners can also find peace of mind, and their beloved feline should they wander too far with this GPS-on-a-collar gadget.
How Does the Tagg Pet Tracker Work?
Your dog or cat wears a collar around his neck that contains a GPS unit. You only need to carry your cell phone to now keep track of your pet 24/7. At anytime you can check the Tagg map to see exactly where your dog or cat is located. Should your pet leave a predefined zone, such as your backyard, you get an instant text message or email.
If you don’t have a smartphone, then you can use the app on your iPad or get notifications via email and check the Tagg map from any computer. However, to track your lost pet on the go, you do need to have a mobile device for real time tracking as you go to retrieve your pet.
Pros of this Tracker for Dogs and Cats:
- It’s waterproof.
- Monthly service charge for service is cheap.
- Reasonable price for the collar.
- The collar looks nice and is not too bulky.
- Has a longer battery life than other pet GPS tracking systems.
- Customers regularly report that the company has excellent customer service.
Cons of this GPS Tracker for Dogs and Cats:
- The battery lasts only for up to 30 days. This is considered long-lasting by the manufacturer.
- There’s a monthly service charge to use the service.
- It’s not recommended for dogs or other pets under 10 pounds due to the size of the collar.
Who Needs a GPS Tracker for Their Pet?
Anyone who has had to spend the day driving around looking for their dog or cat, or worse, putting up flyers for a long lost pet needs the help of a GPS tracker made for pets. Makes a great gift for that family member or friend who has called you one too many times in tears because Fido or Fluffy once again did not come home.
The Tagg pet tracker is designed to be a primary recovery system for cats and dogs. Although you still should have your pets micro chipped as a backup to the Tagg. With both, your lost dog or cat is much more likely to find its way home with help from you or strangers.
See how the Tagg Pet Tracker works in this video:
Need a GPS for your dog while camping or hiking? Check out these reviews of GPS dog collars for when you are out in the wilderness.
Got something to say? Click here to reply